Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Trip to Arkansas

This past weekend, Michael, Scarlett, and I took a trip to Arkansas to visit my family for the holiday. It's never a long enough trip when I get to see my mom, and I hate that we always run out of time! On Saturday, we went to a crawfish boil/going away party for my cousin Kelsea who is leaving for NYC tomorrow. I'm so excited for her, but of course I'm secretly jealous :)! She is going to NYU this fall to begin her masters degree, so she will be in The Big Apple for a few years at least. This gives me a great excuse to visit her several times. My mom and I are going to visit her for the first time in August. I can't wait!!!!

Photobucket Photobucket
At Kelsea's Going Away Party

On Sunday, we went to a family reunion, and then we visited with my great grandmother who is 100 years old. She is smart as a whip and so young at heart! I hope I have her genetics!

I also got the opportunity to visit my friend Lonnie who is 29 weeks pregnant with her first baby girl Juliana. Lonnie is so precious. She is one of those cute pregant girls who only has a belly and is tiny all over. She is so happy, and I am so excited for her and Aaron.

We only had two full days in Arkansas, which wasn't much at all, but I'm glad we visited family and got to fit in a few hours of shopping with my mom to prepare for NYC! Now it's time for us to get ready for our next trip to the beach in a few weeks. I'm sure Scarlett will be excited for a second road trip. To her, it's just another opportunity to sleep on our bags in the floor board!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So glad I got to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for you and your mom to come visit. I am already finding some good eats for us, and fun things to do!

    ReplyDelete