Monday, August 13, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I've been bad at blogging lately.  I don't know how a month has gone by without me writing a single sentence.  I admit to being a little lazy these days, and I also blame it on our sloooow computer that makes using it a nightmare.  Hopefully, we are going to change that soon!  So where were we last time?

We had parental responsibilities for a week in July.  We had a fun week! Steven made me laugh a lot, and he was such a great kid.  But I don't know how parents do it!  Kids are work.  I'm such a low energy person, and it doesn't take much to get me tired.  He's nine, so it wasn't that bad, but it's tough doing the extra laundry, making an extra lunch, organizing our schedules, giving up my tv shows and quiet evenings, and eating at kid friendly places.  I would love to have Steven back any time he wants to visit, but it may be a while before we have any permanent children around our house ;).

I started a second job a few weeks ago.  I am now working as a bridal consultant for a dress shop called Bella Couture.  With Michael working most weekends, I thought it would be fun to work on Saturdays and earn extra spending money.  It's fun to work with brides, and it gives me a creative outlet.  I'm having a lot of fun so far.  Michael is gearing up for his first football game on Labor Day weekend, so that means he will be busy, busy, busy until May.  I wish his down time could last a little bit longer.

On a low note, I'm pretty sure I fractured my baby toe last week.  I was walking at work and slammed my foot into a corner of a cubicle wall that was diconnected from its cube.  I thought it was getting better, but I've had a lot of pain in my foot recently.  I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see how bad it is.

Let's hope it's not that bad because my mom and I are leaving for The Big Apple next week, and we will be doing lots and lots of walking.  It's our first time in NYC, and I don't want a foot injury to dampen our vacation.  I'm not going to let it stop me, and I've already started packing because I'm super excited!

I don't plan to go this long between blog posts, and I'm glad I had time to catch up.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment