Monday, June 21, 2010

Playing Catch Up!

I think this may be the longest break I have taken from blogging since I began, and I am sorry. No excuses, other than I am so busy and all I want to do is crash when I come home. As busy as I've been here lately, it is a good thing because I'm liking my job a lot. I also love Birmingham!

So in the midst of working and doing other things in life, this is how last week went, spare yourselves...it is so unbelievably exciting!!!!

Last Monday
Worked
Filled my car up with gas
Made homemade pasta sauce for the first time
Heard more bad news about the oil spill

Last Tuesday
Worked
Attended my first-ever Food & Beverage Meeting
Had a conference call that almost put me to sleep (not a good impression to make on your first full week at a new job)
Heard more bad news about the oil spill

Last Wednesday
Witnessed Michael (who was trying to be a good samaritan) chunking an empty can of Friskies cat food at a Porsche on our morning walk because he failed to look before he threw it. The guy in the Porsche luckily did not kill him.
Attended my first Wine Tasting at the club
Sat around with my other partners in crime after the wine tasting and opened our own bottle of wine. I didn't get home from work until 11 pm....whoops!
Heard even more bad news about the oil spill

Last Thursday
Planned my first club event calendar
Crashed from my late night on Wednesday and saw Michael off while he enjoyed a night out with old friends. We are so poor that he drink Miller Lite on special! I think he feels really guilty about not working yet. He better enjoy it because Samford will have no shame working his ass off come fall!
Anticipated what new oil spill news would unfold on Friday morning

Friday
Saw some devastating pictures of Gulf Shores...the oil has officially made it to the Alabama coast
Gave Michael a tour of my home away from home and he was jealous of my view on the 32nd floor
Enjoyed a delicious pizza and glass of wine in Crestline Village
Watched a 20/20 special on Joran van der Sloot and then a recap of the oil spill

Saturday
Got up early to hit the Macy's One Day Sale but it wasn't as pleasant as I thought because things were still too expensive for my budget and I'm fatter than I used to be
Slept all afternoon
Played Scattergories with friends and had awesome answers for the letter "d" when I was supposed to be coming up with words beginning with "b"....yeah I was pissed
Took a break from thinking about the oil spill

Sunday
Celebrated Father's Day at work
Took another long nap
Walked Scarlett in a new park that she loves
Successfully completed all my ironing for the week
Had trouble sleeping

Today
Started my car and was happy to see I've only used a quarter of a tank of gas in one week
Worked but didn't seem to get too much accomplished
Visited our local CVS, where I will soon find out how crappy my temporary insurance is
Took some suit jackets to get tailored and was told one shoulder is much lower than the other, then saw that my bill was $92! I bought petites!
I'm currently listening to the local news is in the background, and what do you know, they are talking about the oil spill

No comments:

Post a Comment