Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm a Big Girl Now!

Needless to say, I've been a terrible blogger this month, but I have a good excuse! For the past few weeks, we packed up our lives in Knoxville and moved down south to 'Bama, and I am loving it so far. EXCEPT FOR THAT THING CALLED HEAT THEY HAVE GOING ON DOWN HERE! We moved in to our apartment on Friday, which was NOT the best experience, but I am saving that story for my next post and it will include my first before and after photos on this blog. Both Michael and I feel very blessed to be here and we feel it has all worked out for the best. The hiring process for my new job went very smoothly, and Michael got offered a job at Samford the day before we moved in! We really feel this is where we are supposed to be...at least for the time being! I started my new job today at The Summit Club. I work on the 31st floor in the Regions-Harbert building, and I get to park in a garage with my very own parking card! Everyone who works in our building wears suits and high heels and carries briefcases and the newspaper. I feel like a true grown up! My head is spinning a little, but I did enjoy my first day. I have a lot to learn and so much growth ahead of me. But do you want to know what excites me most? I don't have to sit at my desk if I don't want to! It doesn't sound like a big deal, but the opportunity to move at work is awesome! I know every job has its honeymoon period, but I am really happy! Stay tuned for my next post on our adventure with finding a place to live in the great city of Birmingham!

1 comment:

  1. BAD BLOGGER! you made it very hard for me to goof off on the internet with your blogger vacation. Don't let it happen again! hehe.

    congrats on your job. and micheal to, i am sure you are both going to do very well.

    ReplyDelete