Sunday, October 24, 2010

Work! Work! Work!

It's a little sad that my 100th post is about work, but that seems to be my life right now. But just because I am working a lot, it doesn't mean I'm not having a lot of fun! Since joining The Summit Club as their Member Relations Director, this month has been my busiest ever. Before the month is over, I will have planned 7 events, from Kids' and Adult Cooking Classes, to a Pearl Shopping Extravaganza and our Charity Classic Tour of the World Wine Tasting! I am learning so much, and I am so grateful to be able to work with a few great people (you know who you are) who make the private club industry a little bit better in this tough economy. It can be pretty difficult to encourage men and women to pay extra money to come to events when everyone is hyper-aware of their spending these days, but I like a challenge! As if I wasn't working enough right now, I have decided to take on a new "fun job!" It all started when I went home in September and found myself looking through my mom's beautiful stoneware and home decor her friend Dee, a Celebrating Home designer, gave my mom when she moved into her new house. I had attended a "Tastefully Simple" food party with my friend Jennifer a few weeks before and left the party thinking, "I could totally sell this stuff better than that lady!" So seeing my mom's things and researching Celebrating Home to see that getting started as a designer was pretty much no risk, I decided to give it a try to make some extra money and to be able to buy beautiful stoneware and home decor at 30% off! I had my official grand opening party last Friday, and it was a lot of fun! I wasn't even nervous, and I had seven friends come to our house to support me! I got my first party out of the way, and I booked two more parties for November 6 & 7, so I hope my business will kick off next month! So I may be working a lot, but I am enjoying it all! Here is a picture of my first display at my Grand Opening Celebrating Home Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment