Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

Okay...I know I am 3 days late on writing my first post of 2011! I honestly meant to write on January 1, but with the crazy weekend we had, there was no way!!! We officially moved into the new place on Sunday after two full days of scrubbing things I thought I would never scrub - I don't even scrub my own toilets - we finally moved in but are nowhere close to getting settled in. I wish we could call it our home, but a sign will be going up in the yard very soon, so it's not really ours, but I will enjoy all the space while I can. I can't wait for all of you to see pictures of what we have done. I'll take some once everything is in place hopefully this weekend.

My new year started with chaos, chaos, chaos, but I hope these past few days are not foreshadowing the year to come. 2010 was a great year for me, though it was difficult at times, it was much better than 2009. 2010 seemed like it was a bad year for many of my facebook friends, and I hope that 2011 will be better for all of them! 2010 was a year of growth for me. A lot of things happened in a very short period of time, and though I had some tough hills to climb, I think I came out alright!

Among many things in 2010, we moved for the fifth time in 5 years....our move this weekend was our sixth! I guess we like change! We moved to a great city, and though the job I thought I would love has not worked out for the best, I have made many great friends and have found a wonderful church. I have grown more spiritually in the latter part of 2010 than I have in the past 10 years! Our move to Birmingham has been so great for our marriage, and I hope Michael will agree! We have leaned on each other a lot lately and have grown spiritually together. I love him so much! He has been supportive of me through some of my unhappiest times in 2010, and I have grown so much from it, and I think I am finally learning the value of being happy with me and learning to love the simple things! A simple life is a good life! I have also grown leaps and bounds with mangaging my anxiety in 2010, and I conquered my fear of flying that miraculously appeared in 2008! In fact, I don't really even feel nervous about flying to New York in May!

I hope 2011 will be even better. My only resolution this year is to live by the quote:

"Life is not a dress rehearsal!"

This is it, ladies and gentlemen! This is the only life I have been given, and it is my time to love life and live each day to the fullest by loving God, loving myself, loving others, and loving what I do! This is my only chance!

I pray that everyone of you have a blessed 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment