Sunday, August 21, 2011

Never Say "Never"

My life lately has been one of firsts. What have I learned? Never to say "Never," or I will surely eat my words! I said I would never coupon and look what my recent post was about! I am still enjoying being frugal and matching coupons, but Michael and I are still trying to figure out the best way to incorporate couponing into our lifestyle.

After watching the first or second season of The Bachelor, I swore I would never watch it again. But for some reason, I have found myself consumed with The Bachelor Pad. I am so embarrassed! I don't even know who anyone is or what season they were on, but for some reason I can't stop watching! It's so sad isn't it?

This weekend, we took on a project that I thought we would never ever do. We painted a rental! I thought I would never paint a rental because it's not permanent and you have to change the color back or pay your landlord to transform it for you. More than that, we just painted a three story home this year. What am I thinking? But you only live once, and I couldn't live with the white walls forever. I love our apartment, and we will be here for at least two years, so why not! I can't believe I talked Michael into it. I know he wanted to kill me yesterday, but he loves me and suffered through the work. Thankfully, we had our friend Eric come over to help. He is a painting machine!

Our apartment was so white, so we painted the guest bedroom, hallway, kitchen, dining and living rooms. Here are some pictures of the before and after in progress.

I love warm and cozy spaces, but our guest bedroom made more of a sterile hospital statement. Our furniture is white, which looks pretty bad against white walls. This set truly makes me laugh. It is so small against our 9 foot walls, but it was my grandmother's furniture. I am not ready to part with it just yet!

I've shown pictures of our white on top of white on top of white kitchen. Just adding a little warmth spices it up a bit. I can't wait to finally hang up my DIY chalkboard.



I told you there was a lot of white! And a lot of brown...I plan to do something about our collection of brown furniture one day!


You can't even tell we have a fireplace because it's white!


Though Eric told us to buy 3 gallons of paint, Michael and I were being cheap and thought we could get away with two gallons. With walls in the kitchen left and the entire guest bedroom, I headed out to get a third gallon of paint :(. I couldn't believe it, but our guest bedroom took an entire gallon of paint. We were squeezing out the rollers to get the last drops of paint because we had a small space that was still white. Here is Eric's finger painting project after he squeezed out the rollers.


Luckily we had just enough paint, and after 5 hours of work, we finished!


So much better and cozier!


Doesn't the kitchen look better? Eric asked me to give him a shout out, so if you need an awesome painter or a contractor let me know, and he will hook you up! Eric has helped us out on too many home projects to count!

I think it's going to be a little easier for our guests to sleep now!


The only thing left to worry about now is how to afford new accessories that I want to buy to go along with the new paint! I never said I would never buy new items for our new walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment