Monday, March 12, 2012

SpRiNgInG Forward!

My facebook friends flooded my News Feed all day complaining about how exhausted they were and how this was the worst Monday of all Mondays! How come? Daylight Savings Time!

I can't relate because I may just love springing forward more than I love Christmas! It means I don't have to drive home in the dark, I get to read or drink a glass of wine on our deck after 5:00 pm, and I have more time to exercise outside when I get home from work. The best part is that the longer days mean warmer days, not that we've had too many cold days in Alabama this year. I personally feel refreshed today, and I couldn't be happier!

Our poor Scarlett feels quite differently. It doesn't help her that allergy season has set in and she is miserable. I thought she would grow out of her allergies, but so far they still drive her and us insane. She kept Michael up most of the night licking and scratching, and for some reason, all of the licking causes her to throw up. Michael and I don't do puke, but there has been a lot of that lately!

To make Scarlett feel worse, we took her to the vet this morning to have her teeth cleaned. To say her teeth were in bad condition is an understatement! She's been rocking shrimpy breath for a very long time, but the vet never said she needed to have them cleaned until her last visit. I knew the time would come, but I kept putting it off because I knew she would have to be put to sleep. Anesthesia makes me a nervous mommy :)! Her cleaning turned into a little more serious because 5 of her teeth were pulled. Michael and I feel like the worst parents, but our vet assured us that most small dogs have this issue. I got to pick her up around 3:30, and other than the occassional drunken walk, she has been doing lots of this.

Photobucket

I hope she feels better tomorrow and isn't in a lot of pain. I walked by myself tonight, and I missed her so much!

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday and weren't too affected by the loss of sleep that everyone seemed to experience by springing forwarded.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! My mom just took her Yorkie to the vet and she had a few teeth pulled as well- small dogs and certain breeds just have bed teeth genetics! I know for a fact you and mom are excellent pup parents :) Also, if you haven’t taken her the vet for her allergies, they can give her some meds to help with that too! Our Maltese’s get horrible allergies so mom gets liquid meds that she pulls into a syringe and squirts it down their throat for quick and easy dosage! They clear up and are happy girls again.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete