Monday, March 5, 2012

Missing Michael

I'm finally at the end of my five day hiatus from my hubby who has been in Asheville, NC since Thursday for the Southern Conference Basketball Tournament. He is on his way home now, and I couldn't be happier although I won't actually see him until the morning because he will arrive long after I go to bed. We had a fun date last Wednesday before Michael left. He took me to see Wicked, and it was so much fun! I have been wanting to see this production for years, and though we almost decided not to spend the money to see it, I'm glad we bought tickets at the last minute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another round of tornadoes swept through Alabama on Friday night. I was a bit nervous because everyone on the news was being super cautious. Luckily, all we experienced were thunderstorms in Birmingham although some parts of Alabama were hit pretty hard for the second time this year. Saturday was gray and cold, and I thought I would go crazy if Sunday turned out to be just as ugly.

God gave us sun on Sunday, and it was beautiful! I think it's been cold and rainy for 3 weekends in a row, so Scarlett and I took full advantage of the perfect afternoon yesterday. Right in the middle of Birmingham is a park called Moss Rock Preserve. It is one of my favorite places to go because it reminds me of the mountains in Tennessee, but it's much closer to home and Scarlett is allowed to hike too! Yesterday was especially great because the streams were full and the waterfalls were gorgeous. It's a blessing to have something this beautiful only a few minutes away. It's that time of year to take full advantage of the park before it gets too hot this summer. Here are some pictures of our fun afternoon!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Scarlett loves the water! She was in heaven!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We definitely missed Michael on our adventures this weekend, and we can't wait until he gets home!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE me some Wicked!! aren't you so excited that you got to see it?!?!? Awww, it's just SO good!

    ReplyDelete