Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Heading Uptown

On day three in NYC, mom and I headed uptown. We started our day at the Flatiron Building then walked east to Irving Place, a beautiful street in Grammercy. We took the subway uptown to Grand Central Station, which is amazingly beautiful! I cannot believe they were going to tear down this piece of history! After Grand Central, we walked west on 42nd to the New York Library and checked out the famous Reading Room before heading to the library's back yard, Bryant Park, for lunch. Mom got a hot dog from one of the thousands of carts, and I got a lamb gyro while we took a break at the park. After lunch, we walked to 5th Avenue from 42nd to 57th and took in all the amazing designer stores 5th Avenue is famous for! We visited Michael Khors, Trump Tower, Louis Vuitton, FAO Schwartz, and Nike. The funniest thing was the lines to get in Abercrombie and Hollister. I guess the foreign tourists love these stores because they were busier than any others. After we made it to 57th, we took the subway back to the hotel to change for the Jersey Boys on Broadway. We met my cousin Kelsea for Thai food before the show. I was very excited to see Jersey Boys, but I was not expecting the show to be as wonderful as it was. It is the best musical I've seen. My mom loved it so much as well! Julia, her mom and sister also saw the show, and we met up afterwards and headed to Serendipity for their famous frozen hot chocolate. I think we made it home by 1 a.m.!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment