Saturday, September 29, 2012

My New Job!

I got a new job! I have officially completed two weeks as an Executive Associate at an executive search firm in Birmingham called Wheless Partners. I am working with two senior partners in the firm serving as their associate for marketing and client relations. Basically, I help them gain clients and serve clients we are performing executive searches for. It's providential how it all came about, and it happened so fast, which is why I'm just now getting around to writing about it. Our friend Chris' dad Kevin works for the firm, and I had given him my resume several months ago for a search they were working on for a client. I never heard back from him regarding that search, but luckily they still had my resume on file. I was at work one day, and Kevin messaged me on Facebook and asked me to call him. The next thing I know I had an interview with the president of the company, I flew to New York for a great trip with my mom, flew back for a second interview, and I had a new job! I know this opportunity is a blessing from God. Though I wasn't actively looking for a new job, the move could not have come at a better time. It's been very exciting but very challenging, and though it's been nerve wracking getting into the swings of things, I know I need the challenge to be happy and to grow. I had the privilege of assisting with my first search in Omaha, Nebraska this week. We flew in on Thursday, and we conducted a series of interviews for the executive director of a major foundation in the city. I met some wonderful people, and I learned so much in one day. I am such a curious person, so the trip was awesome! I also got to meet the COO of Gallup who was assisting with the foundation search, and we got to visit the Gallup campus before we flew back home. It was an awesome trip! Today, I have been trying to catch up on my personal life. Traveling makes me so tired. Though I was exhausted, I decided to go shopping today to buy some clothes for fall. It was a bad idea! I hate shopping, which is so crazy because I used to love it. But seriously, shopping puts me in such a bad mood these days. I can't explain it, but I think its because you know you want something specific that you have in your head, but you can never find it when you need it. Somehow I always end up buying the same looking stuff. It's classic so that's good, but I am pretty sure that everything in my closet is black, gray, cream or navy. I set out to buy color, but it never happens. Michael is on his way back from Georgia tonight. I can't wait to see him and spend tomorrow together. We have been so busy, and I miss him so much! I am hoping for a lazy Sunday. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment