Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Noah's First Easter

We had a wonderful first Easter with Noah this year. We woke up at 8:30 am to give us 3 hours to make it to church on time.  Parents...you know this is a necessity!  Michael's mom Betty was visiting, and, we made a big breakfast and took turns getting ourselves and Noah ready and actually made it to church a few minutes early!


This was also Noah's first time to go to church.  Michael and I were both nervous because Noah does really well on a routine, and he likes to be home most of the time.  We found three seats on the back row, which helped our anxiety a little.  Noah made it through the songs, but as soon as we sat down and Pastor Chris started preaching, Noah started crying.  Don't take it personally P Chris.  I made my way to the Mother's Room and remained with four or five other mothers for the rest of the service.  On a side note, I would like to give a shout out to Church of the Highlands for providing such a nice Mother's Room for us.  I didn't mind going to church in that room at all!  After church, we went back home and relaxed and made Easter lunch.

The Easter Bunny came for Noah a few times, and he got an awesome seersucker suit from his Uncle Sean and Aunt Caroline, and he got lots of toys and fun things from his Gimmie and Pops.  Mommy and Daddy...well, not so much.  I had his Easter all planned out, and I even got a basket cover with his name on it.  It's the cutest thing ever.  However, it's hard to use a basket cover if you don't have a basket!  I admit, I was being cheap and didn't want to buy the Pottery Barn basket that fit the cover and waited too long and discovered no one had the basket I needed except PB, and they were all sold out when I went back online.  I also had plans to get Noah his first Bible with his name embossed on it, but Saturday night before Easter, I realized I had forgotten.  I can count 3-4 times I set out to get that Bible and ended up not having enough time or sincerely forgetting while I was out.  I definitely had a mom fail with this holiday.  I'm just glad he won't know...unless he reads this. Ha!

After it was all said and done, we had a wonderful first Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment