Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy First Birthday Noah!

Happy First Birthday Noah!!!

Sweet boy, I don't even know what to say.  I feel like I need a few rough drafts of this post to tell you just how much you mean to me, and how surreal this year has been for our family.  I'm still learning, and thank you for loving me and lighting up every time you see me.  I need that every day to realize we are doing a good job as parents.

Parenting is so hard, and we want to do our best to keep you safe and to give you the best life possible so you can grow up and make a difference in the world.  I don't want to rush anything, but I love watching you play and explore, and I imagine the young man you will be one day.  I have so much hope for you, and I am thankful for the man of God I know you will be.  You will be a leader who will change the world!  You will love those around you, you will help others, you will be responsible, you will respect yourself and your elders, you will be honest, carefree, adventurous, empathetic, creative, and fun.  How do I know this about you?  I'm your mommy, and I trust God will guide your daddy and me to help you grow into the young man He created you to be.

My hope for you is that a day never goes by without you knowing how much we love you.  I will plant 1,000 kisses on your face every day if that's what it takes to make you feel special.  YOU ARE SPECIAL...and perfect!  You are perfectly and wonderfully made, you are you, and there is no one in the world like you.  Never believe you aren't good enough.  You were made who you are by your Creator for a purpose.  Always love your uniqueness.

This year with you has challenged me and your daddy more than anything we have ever endured.  You are our greatest accomplishment and greatest blessing, and I pray that we see you as a gift every single day, no matter how tired or stressed we are.  Thank you for making your daddy and me a team. Thank you for making us stronger and for building our bond.  I have never loved your daddy more, and I have you to thank for that.  Whenever I think there is not enough space in my heart to love you or your daddy more, somehow my heart expands and my love keeps growing!

Noah, we love you so much!  Happy Birthday buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment