Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Stop Worrying Okay, life is a BIG FAT CRAZY THING right now! Our house is a wreck, newly painted but empty dressers are slammed against our living room walls downstairs because we don't want to carry them back up to our room, boxes of stuff are everywhere, my clothes are heaped in piles making it impossible to find something to wear every morning...and we're not even all packed up yet! There's still a million things to do! And I have a new job to worry about and all the other little things to stress over and get done before we head out of Knoxville next Thursday. I've been worried (and that's putting it extremely lightly), but it's time to stop! Worrying over my "Things to do before leaving Knoxville List" isn't packing my boxes any faster and it sure isn't making my house any cleaner or better organized. It's time for me to quit worrying about life so much and just be happy! 8 weeks ago I was whining about not knowing what the heck I was going to do with my life, and now we're heading to a city we both love , and I have the opportunity to begin a career in a field I think I am really going to love! It was almost like magic. One day I was the most confused girl on the face of the Earth, and then POOF! With a lot of praying and hard work, I got a job and we're moving! Michael has a lot more options for pursuing a career in athletics in Birmingham, and many of his best friends are there, so what more could we ask for? Why Am I Worrying? Isn't this what I wanted? Yes, this is what I want. The worrying part is just my thing. It's what I was born to do! But I really am, with each change in my life, really trying to consciously stop worrying. It's giving me premature wrinkles and major stomach aches. And in my attemt towards becoming worry free (I think this may take years by the way), I am discovering that the simplest but fail proof way to keep my worrying from controlling me is through prayer and gratitude. Well DUH! Everybody knows that! Yes, I am aware that a little praying goes a long way, but I still need to work on the whole let God have some control of my life while I wait on the sidelines thing. It's easy to pray when things are going badly and I need a little help, but I'm trying to make prayer a more constant part of my life by learning to be grateful for God's blessings and pass his love along. Having a gracious heart is definitely better than having an anxious one! I took a walk this evening to clear my head, and quickly into it, I began praying and thanking God for his love, and I just felt a calming peace came over me. It was one of the best walks I've had in a very long time. If you are reading this post and you have an anxious heart, say a prayer and ask God for help, and when he leads you in the right direction, thank Him for His guidance and pass along the love. I know this is extremely hard to do if you are an Anxious Annie like me, but seriously STOP WORRYING!!! It's Never Too Late To Stop Worrying... If you have no power to do anything about it- worrying about it won't help. Allow things to take their course. Options will open up. When you stop worrying, you think clearly. Open your mind to possibilities. You'll be surprised how often the problem dissipates.

No comments:

Post a Comment