Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is not one of my favorite holidays, and Michael and I don't make a big deal out of it, but it is nice to show a little more love on Valentine's Day I guess! This was our 7th Valentine's Day together, and the only two V Days I remember are last year's because I blogged about it and can look it up and our first V Day together because it was a little disastrous! I may be unsentimental, but I bet Michael can't remember either! Not to be too cheesy, but I truly believe that we have such a fun relationship and are such good partners that we celebrate our marriage every single day! It amazes me to this day that this boy and girl below are still together and happier than ever, and I don't need Valentine's Day to make me honor our relationship. But to those of you who ooh and awe over this day, I hope all of your expectations come true and you are enjoying the Valentine's Day of your dreams! We did celebrate Valentine's Day yesterday by spending the afternoon at the park, and then we made dinner last night. Michael made the most sinful Texas Sheet Cake, and I made his new favorite dish, Shrimp Pad Thai. We love Thai food, and I have never been able to make it at home and have it taste anywhere near what it tastes like in our favorite restaurants. I came across a new recipe about a month ago that called for ketchup in it! I was very skeptical, but everyone who had tried it swore by it on the site. I made it in January, and we were elated with how great it turned out. Michael asked me to make it again last night, and it didn't disappoint! To show my love to all of you on Valentine's Day, here is the link to this amazing and easy pad thai recipe. If you love Thai food, you will love this. It calls for fish sauce, and you probably won't find it at Wal-Mart. Try Publix, Kroger, or your local Asian market. You can't skip out on the fish sauce. Here is the link to this great recipe! Enjoy! Cooking Light Shrimp Pad Thai

No comments:

Post a Comment