Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ya Ya

This weekend, we had some visitors! My mom, along with her two sisters Donna and Paula and her good friend Barbara came to Birmingham to see me. It could not have been a nicer weekend, and we had so much fun. I don't think that any other foursome could laugh as much as these women do and be so crazy - so Michael and I fittingly call them the Ya Ya's! I can't tell you all the juicy details of this weekend without causing embarrassment to the Ya Ya sisterhood, but a stopped up toilet, a curious security guard, and a stack of napkins will remind all of us how much we laughed this weekend. I am so glad they came with my mom because she seemed really happy! I miss getting to see her and my family all the time, but at least I know she is enjoying life and is being kept in good company.
Here is a pic of the Ya Ya's at the Vulcan statue in Homewood - this is where it all went downhill for my mom (second from the right) who could not stop laughing!

Three sisters, my mom Johna on the right with Donna and Paula


In between laughs, we calmed down to take a picture together.

My! What a long neck you have mom!


My mom laughing hysterically in the Vulcan Musuem...this was right before the security guard walked over to see what in the heck she was doing! We ate a lot of course! On Saturday, we went to the Fish Market downtown. After a day of shopping on Sunday, we ate at Chuy's Mexican Restaurant. After dinner, my aunt Paula made Chocolate Lava Cakes with Nutella in the middle. It was delicious...but my diet started on Monday!
I'm sad the Ya Ya's are gone! But I had a great time with them, and can't wait to see what our next adventure has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment