Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Weekend

I cannot believe it's Monday night already! This weekend flew by like always! We were pretty busy on Saturday and Sunday, so I feel like I'm just now winding down. On Friday, I did not check out Glee or a classic book like I said I would. In fact, my weekend library selection took a complete 180 from what I had originally intended. Friday afternoon, as the library closed, I walked out with The Tudors, Season 1 and Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover! We watched two episodes of The Tudors on Friday night, but I didn't get into it like I thought. I really hoped I would, but like Michael said, it reminded him of a drawn out series based on The Other Boleyn Girl. I didn't get into the series, but I definitely liked King Henry VIII (though something tells me he looked nothing like that in real life!) Yesterday, we both started diving into The Total Money Makeover. Dave Ramsey warns you that the book will make you feel uncomfortable, and it will change your life. Three chapters in, and we were both feeling very uncomfortable! Trust me, I felt the need for a makeover instantly. This is a great book, and we both can't put it down. Right now, in fact, Michael is sitting beside me reading away. I hope we will put to use many, if not all, of the great tools Dave Ramsey offers.

On Saturday, Michael and I volunteered at our church's Dream Center. We helped with a group called "Cooking for A Cause" who serves lunch once a month to families in need living in the Woodlawn area of Birmingham. It was really rewarding, and I am glad we volunteered together! Saturday afternoon, I feel like we spent hours cleaning house. I think I have decided that when we actually decide to buy our home, smaller is better! There's less to clean! Saturday night, we hung out with some of our friends, and we literally spent hours battling each other in dance offs with our friends Jessica and Jim's new Kinect Xbox game! I was scared to get up and dance in front of everyone, but once I battled for the first time, I was hooked! You should have seen Michael busting a move! If you haven't experienced the Xbox Kinect, you will love it. It pretty much puts the Wii to shame!

Yesterday, we got kicked out of our house early in the morning for a showing, so we grabbed some Starbucks and took Scarlett to the park. Yesterday was the first sunny day we have had since last weekend it seems, so it was nice to get outside though it was still cold. Yesterday afternoon, my friend Jamie had her baby shower for Elijah. It was the first time I have gone to a "tea" baby shower, and it was really neat. A tea is a come and go shower where you give your gift to the hostess and they unwrap the gift and display it. It was neat because Jamie got to mingle with everyone who came to the shower, and no one had to wait around to watch her open each gift (which would have taken forever because she had more than 50 it seemed)! I thought it was fun to get to walk around and see all the gifts displayed. I left the shower wondering to myself, "Do babies really need all of that stuff?" I didn't know what half of the gifts were used for!

Last night was the Super Bowl (who cares?)! Michael and I stayed home and watched the game a little while, but it was boring. I didn't really even pay attention to many of the commercials except for one. I absolutely adored the Volkswagen commercial with the little boy dressed like Darth Vader. It was precious! If you missed it, click on the video below. I promise you will love it! Finally, the Super Bowl came to an end, and the best part of my night finally arrived. Glee!!!! I love this show, and it was a pretty great episode. It was a great ending to an all-in-all great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment