Wednesday, June 15, 2011

God's Plan

So I told you the other day that a lot has been going on since we got back from Boston. We spent a week working on the outside of our house to do all that we can to get this thing sold. Michael also started his full time position as the Director of Ticketing at Samford University (I'm so proud!), and he has been working so much lately trying to dive right into the job Michael style! He has been in Orlando since Saturday for his first NACDA conference living it up at Disney World while I have been stuck here in Birmingham all alone. We have also shown the house quite a few times this month, which means lots and lots of cleaning. Last week, I vacuumed the house three times and mopped it twice! I know, I'm such a whiner, but it gets old cleaning this house all the time, especially when people cancel showings. When we move, I am not going to clean for an entire month...and I am not kidding.

Well, hopefully our work has paid off because we have gotten an offer. You would think I would feel so great about an offer, but I never imagined how stressful this could be. We are new to this house selling thing, and it is stomach churning sometimes. The back and forth negotiating, contigencies, terms, inspections, appraisals, and waiting, waiting, waiting which I suck at! We should have finality soon, and I can only hope and pray all goes in our favor!

This has been especially difficult because Michael has been out of town through most of this, and being alone and stressed out is not the best combo for me. But tonight, I sat on the back deck and had a great quiet time and finally released some stressed and asked God for his guidance and peace. After my prayer, I called Michael and we had a great talk and both decided that whatever happens it is all God's plan and God's timing. No matter what happens, it is in God's hands, and it will all work out pefectly according to what He knows is best. We have done all we can do with what we have been given, and I just have to feel peace about that and know that the best will happen.

I am very happy that we have an offer and will hopefully be selling this home and moving on, but this has been a difficult process for all involved. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the stress, inconveniences, and the unknown of this process. But I have to take a breath and realize it is all part of the plan.

Thanks for letting me vent and get it all out! I do feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment