Monday, June 27, 2011

10 Year Reunion

This weekend, Michael and I escaped house selling hell and traveled to Arkansas for my 10 year high school reunion. I feel so old saying that! I don't feel like it has been ten years since I graduated from high school. I still feel like I am in my early twenties!

I admit...I did NOT want to go to the reunion, and I didn't decide to go until just a few weeks before when my best high school friends Holly and Amber convinced me to go. High school was not the best chapter in my life. I have a lot of bad memories from those four years as I am sure most people do. Most of those memories have to do with being friends with the wrong girls and trying to fit in. It wasn't until my senior year after a lot of Mean Girls scenes had played out in my life that I realized who my friends truly were and who my friends truly weren't. My senior year was supposed to be the best year of my life, but it was a nightmare!


It is amazing how life has its ways of working out though, and now I am so grateful that the best years of my life were not in high school. The 10 years after I left Cabot, Arkansas have been amazing, and I don't know what I would do with myself if I would have been one of the girls who peaked in high school. How miserable!

I am glad I went back this weekend because it was amazing to reconnect with the girls who meant the most to me when I graduated. It was so great to pick right back up like we just saw each other last week. All of us moved away from Arkansas, so this was a great opportunity to see each other.



I love these girls! Andrea, Holly, and Amber were three of my best friends in high school, and we have some pretty great memories of going on two senior trips together. Andrea is a doctor in Shreveport, Louisiana, Amber lives outside of Dallas with her husband Michael and their beautiful boy Cohen, and my best friend Holly, who is dating the most awesome guy, has a great career in Tulsa, Oklahoma.


Holly and I first became friends in junior high when we made cheerleading together. She was my maid of honor, and she is my dearest friend.

And of course the handsome love of my life was my date.





Our name tags were really cute! They had our senior class picture printed on them.


It was so great to see Paige (middle) and Alex (to her right). Paige is a photographer, and Alex, who was our Miss CHS, is working on her doctorate.


Me and Andrea with our junior prom date Michael Sowell. Yes, that's right, he took both of us to the prom! Michael just got back from a trip to Peru.



Me and Lindsey! Her and her husband Tommy pastor a church in West Little Rock, and she is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met! She is beautiful too!





On Sunday before we headed back to Birmingham, my mom's family had a mini-reunion cookout since Michael and I were in town. I always say I have a small family since I am an only child, but there were 18 of us altogether.


Me and my beautiful Mom, or "Gimme," as her granddaughter Scarlett likes to call her!






Our little family!



My beautiful, tall, and dark complected cousins Sydney and Kelsea. Our moms are sisters, and its easy to see that we get our looks from our dads' sides of the family because we look nothing alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment