Sunday, June 5, 2011

5th Anniversary in Cape Cod

I have been so behind on blogging about our trip to Boston. We have been back for two weeks, and I'm still not finished with the 5 posts I planned to write! We've been extremely busy since we got back, and I don't know where time has gone. This weekend marked our 1 year anniversary in Birmingham, AL. I can't believe we have been here a year! Things are going really well, and I think we are finally going to stay in one place for a while. Michael was offered a full time job at Samford University, and he started back last week as the Director of Ticketing in the athletics department. I am so proud of him!

I am so happy to say I have been married to Michael for 5 years. It was an amazing opportunity to spend our fifth anniversary in Cape Cod this year. Our anniversary was our third day in Boston, and we took the ferry to Provincetown to spend the day on the cape and to go whale watching. This was the first sunny day of the trip, and the weather was really nice. Provincetown was beautiful and quite colorful in many many ways! I was forewarned about the culture shock I might experience, but we were there a week before the heavy crowds, so we didn't experience too much craziness.

We arrived in Provincetown around 10 am and walked around town before heading to lunch. After lunch, we boarded our boat to go whale watching.


The weather was so nice, but I'm very glad we took our coats on our whale watching trip. It was freezing on the ride out to see the whales. I came inside the boat, but Michael decided to ride it out. I took this picture of him from inside. He looks thrilled!


We spotted a couple of finback whales about 45 minutes into our trip. It was so neat to see them in their own environment, and they got so close to us a few times.


After our trip, we were ready to eat our anniversary dinner. The Lobster Pot restaurant was recommended, and we had a great table overlooking the water.



Michael ate lobster for the first time. He looked so cute in his bib!


After dinner, we took a walk through Provincetown. I love the Cape Cod style beach homes. This was a gorgeous town, and I would love to go back soon!








I love these pictures of the old fisherman's wives that you see as you come in and out of Provincetown.


This was a fabulous anniversary, and I couldn't have asked for a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment