Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I love Weekends!

Thanks to my wonderful hubby, I finally got the kinks worked out between my camera card and our computer. Though we are now closer to the upcoming weekend, I guess it's never too late to blog about last weekend. We were blessed with another great few days last weekend, and we were once again very busy. On Friday, we stayed in and made homemade fish tacos before watching Michael's movie pick for the evening Hall Pass, which turned out to be very hilarious. We got up early on Saturday and headed to the Dream Center to participate in our church's annual Serve Day. We cooked lunch for all of the Woodlawn Community and volunteers, and I participated in a prayer walk through one of the Woodlawn neighborhoods. I admit that sometimes I just want to sleep in rather than get up on a Saturday to volunteer, but every time Michael and I leave Woodlawn, I feel so blessed and much closer to God. I am so grateful for our church and the opportunity to grow and serve.

On Saturday afternoon, we took Scarlett swimming in the creek that runs right behind our apartment. So...Scarlett is almost four years old, and though she has always loved water, she has always hated swimming. Because she is a spaniel, I never imagined it would be so hard to get her to swim, but I think she gets scared when she can't touch and can find no way out of the water. We have tried and failed several times to get her to swim over the years, and then something miraculous happened. I guess the creek is the perfect length from bank to bank, and the other day she walked right in and decided to swim to the other side! We were shocked and so excited just like she was our baby who walked for the first time!!! I've been obsessed with taking her swimming ever since, and she loves it!


Here she goes!


She had so much fun, but she still looks terrified! Ha!



Her daddy was there to help her find a way out. Once he showed her how to get out on the rocks, she kept swimming back and forth. I can only imagine how many times she would have swam from me to Michael if we had treats!











Scarlett swam for about an hour then we walked home and got ready to go bowling with our friends. It has been years since I bowled, and I started off well but slowly got worse by game three. All that really matters is that I beat Michael two games to one, so I went home happy!



Me, Nicole, Jamie and Baby Eli who was so good the whole time.


He's all smiles before getting beat!


By our last game, the lights were turned off and the black lights came on. This is Nicole bowling her last game, and she absolutely kicked our butts! She called it luck, but it looked like more than luck to me. Maybe you should join a league Nicole! :)




Here's Eli in his glowing blanket. He slept most of the night and didn't seem bothered by the loud music and all the people. He is such a great baby!


On Sunday, I continued on my quest toward decluttering, which is another blog post in itself. We hung around the house all day and relaxed after a busy Saturday. I am so grateful for another amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment