Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Move...and Life After

I am so sorry about the long blog hiatus, but this boy and girl have been super busy!!! We finally made the big move after three weeks of worrying over whether we were finally going to sell the house. And it went fast! We closed on the house at 4:00 pm on June 30, I began packing and giving furniture away on Friday around noon, and we moved into our new place on Saturday July 2. It was a big move to do so quickly, but it was really great to have friends and family help us out. We now live in a cozy two bedroom apartment in a great location in Vestavia Hills, and I couldn't be happier. I love our new place because we have the best neighbors, tons of walking trails right outside our door, and a little village in front of our place where we can shop, go out to eat, and go work out all within walking distance. It's going to take some time and organization to get used to the white walls and smaller space, but that will give me a few projects to take on. I love projects!!!

After only working three days this week, I was still so exausted on Friday. I got home and organized the rest of my stuff I wanted to drop off at The Salvation Army. I think we were in bed by 10 pm, so I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted to.

Yesterday, we finally finished putting everything away and donated the rest of our things. I had a huge box of books we took to the used book store, and I ended up with $9.33 in book credit. I spent it right away on a new treasure!



I love The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond! Wife, mom, blogger, cook, and photographer, Ree has an amazing love story with her husband, and she has a beautiful blog that lets you into her great little life. When I spotted her cookbook on the shelf, I had to have it! The neatest part of her cookbook is that she provides step-by-step directions for her recipes. That's exactly what I need. Her homemade recipes are Wild West meets Prairie meets Cosmopolitan California. They are hearty yet healthy, and I was happy when Michael looked through the book and seemed happy about my new purchase!

Today, we got up early again to watch church online and clean the house before heading to our friends' Chris and Nicole's home for our first ever "Backyard Olympics." The guys have been planning a field day of sorts for a while, and it finally happened today...with a little backyard redneck twist! I joined in the games, but I left my redneck attire at home. Michael...not so much!



It's a wonder that some other lady didn't snatch him up this afternoon after seeing those sexy legs!

And the trucker hat!



The backyard Olympics consisted of ladder ball, horse shoes, baggo, and the egg toss. The eggs must have been mutant because they would not break even after being dropped, so the guys finally came out to the front yard and tossed the eggs in the street for the final game.





The Backyard Olympians!

Now that we are all moved in and life is settling down, I hope to have more fun topics and events to blog about. I am looking forward to less stress and more fun. I am pretty sure that life post-move is going to be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment