Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is it only Wednesday?

Welcome to the loooooongest week ever! Today feels like Friday, but oh wait, it's only Wednesday. Boo! Though it's been a long one, there have been a few bright spots this week. I started trying out some new recipes, and I am at best 2 out of 3. I made some kick a** risotto on Monday (my best ever), which was delish, but last night's garlic chicken dinner and tonight's roast beef sandwiches need a little tweaking. But, hey, I cooked and that's what counts. Michael loves me for it.

Other bright spots this week include being able to work from home yesterday and spend some time with my Scar Scar. We didn't do anything too exciting. Actually, all she did was this....


I don't even think she cared I was home!

Michael and I met each other for a lunch date, which was nice. We rarely talk during the day while we are at work, so actually seeing each other is a rare treat.

After I met Michael, I came home and parked myself on the couch. Before I knew it, I was sitting in front of the tv watching daytime talk shows and chowing down on a bag of these.

Meet my weakness! When my mom was here last week, she surprised me with these after she went out shopping. Though I love her for it, I could kill her too! I should know by now not to eat Salt and Vinegar chips unless Michael is home and can pry them out of my hands. Oh well...it was a special occasion :)!

I also fell in love with our new DVR this week. When we moved, we gave up HBO and opted for the DVR instead. I have been missing out for so long! I started recording The Doctors, The Talk, and Big Brother. I like being able to come home and watch good shows rather than the news, which has been so freaking depressing lately.

And I almost forgot...I started going to the gym today. I pray that I will actually keep it up this time. I need it for my sanity and health. I am planning to get up and go in the mornings before work because I know I won't go on my way home from work and certainly won't go once I am at home. I have to get used to getting up early in the mornings, but I really want to be more disciplined and get up because it makes me feel better the rest of the day.

Only two more days are left, and then we have the weekend. I hope the next two days go by much faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment