Monday, October 10, 2011

Happiness!

It's Monday, and I am happy like it's Friday or something! Do you think it's because I have the day off? I have so many things in my life to be happy about today. I am sitting in a clean house for one, which always makes things better :)! But most importantly, I've had a great weekend, and yesterday was such an amazing day. Michael was out of town working on Saturday, but I got together with friends for dinner and watched Arkansas vs. Auburn and Tennessee vs. Georgia. I was 1-1 this Saturday, and unfortunately all my hope has to be for the HOGS the remainder of the season because Tyler Bray will be out of commission for 6 weeks. I think the VOLS season may be over.

I woke up on Sunday and had an overwelmingly good study for my LIFE Group. God spoke to me about surrendering so many areas of my life. I struggle with surrendering my desire for possesions, my relationships, and myself to Him every day, but I pray that with His grace, I'm going to figure it out! I also served last night as a greeter for the 7:00 pm service. This was my first time serving on the Dream Team, and I had a lot of fun getting to see everyone on their way to the service. I will admit that part of me wanted to stay home last night and relax on the couch, which is my favorite Sunday night activity. But I am so glad I made myself get up, because it lifted my spirit to be able to greet everyone and fellowship. I pray that my smile made someone's night a little brighter. I was so happy when we left church last night!

Tonight, my mom and her two friends Cissy and Barbara will be arriving in Birmingham. Tomorrow, we will be heading to the beach to celebrate an early birthday for my mom. She turns 50 in January, and a beach trip is my present to her. October sounded much more pleasant for a beach trip than January, and besides, this way she will celebrate her birthday twice.

I am also happy because fall is in full swing! I love it. I love it. I love it! I wanted to share my first fall mantle decorations with you. I love the way it turned out, and the best part is that it only cost me $6! I used what I already had around the house, and only bought the small pumpkins and gourds at Wally World to add to it. I am very happy with how it turned out, and I couldn't be happier with the cost of the project.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment