Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Life's a Beach!

Last week, I took my mom and her two friends Cissy and Barbara to Orange Beach as an early birthday present for my mom who will be turning the big 50 in January. We had a great time sitting on the beach, looking for shells, shopping, and eating!

Being from Arkansas, the beach was not too close for me growing up, and I did not see the ocean for the first time until I was 16 years old. I was hooked immediately by the beautiful white sand and ocean blue water, the feel of the ocean breeze, the sense of calm next to the water, and the sweet sound of the waves. I know I'm getting a little poetic, but I don't feel closer to God in any other place that at the beach. I really could live there 365 days a year!

Perhaps my dream of living on the ocean will come true someday, but until then, I am grateful to spend vacations at my favorite place. Spending time on the beach with my mom makes it even better!

Photobucket

My mom and me!

Photobucket

Waiting to eat some delicious seafood!

Photobucket

With the girls at the Shrimp Festival. It was a little windy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The gorgeous view from our balcony!

Photobucket

My mom loved looking for shells. This is a picture from our balcony of she and Barbara walking along the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment