Thursday, October 27, 2011

Semi-Homemade Comfort

It's been over a week since I last blogged, and I had to force myself to write something today. I'm just not feeling it lately. If I can be honest! I want to be back on the beach. I am so glad we went when we did because last week was FREEEZING!!! This week was a little better, but it's supposed to be a chilly tomorrow.

I love this time of year for so many reasons, but one of my favorite things about fall and winter is making soups. I have made two semi-homemade soups lately that I loved. I loved them so much I ate them for lunch and dinner a couple of days!!

Here is my recipe for Semi-Homemade Chicken Soup

8 cups chicken broth
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 onion diced
1-2 cloves of garlic diced finely
1 1/2 cups of carrots diced
3 stalks of celery diced
1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
1 bay leaf
Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp dried thyme or basil, or more if you like
1 1/2 cup cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
Spaghetti noodles broken in thirds (use as much as you want. I used 1/3 of the package)

Sauté onions, celery, and carrots in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes
Add garlic & cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring constantly
Add broth & the remainder of ingredients, except for spaghetti
Cook over medium low heat for 1 hour
30 minutes before eating, add the noodles
Eat when noodles are cooked

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment