Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Painting The Tree of Life

Hey Everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Hold on a little longer...Friday is just around the corner. It has been humid and rainy for three days straight in Birmingham, and I am hoping the yucky weather clears out this weekend.

Just in case you forgot, my birthday is this Sunday, and I cannot think of a better gift than hanging out at home in peace and quiet. I want to relax and read a book, take Scarlett to the park, and watch movies. Unfortunately, Michael has a busy work weekend, so it will be just us girls.

It is my goal to have our Christmas decorations out before we leave for Pittsburgh to celebrate Thanksgiving, so I don't know how much resting I will actually be doing. I want to come back from our trip and open our front door to Christmas. I love this time of year!!!

I want to share some pictures from my Monday night out with my LIFE Group at Sips and Strokes. Our leaders booked a private party for us to paint a funky and fun tree of life to represent our LIFE Group. Aren't our leaders awesome? In two days, I got to be a part of an amazing photo shoot and paint a piece of art that will always be special. More than anything, I have grown closer to these women through these two awesome times we have shared together.

Here are some pictures from our painting party. I want to give a shout out to Mrs. Mandi for taking pictures.

Photobucket
Me and Mandi!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Our fearless co-leader Christy. I love this girl!!!

Photobucket

We all look so serious!

Photobucket

Our other co-leader Blair. Isn't she precious?

Photobucket

Our finished trees! I love how they turned out so beautifully and so different from one another. I got a kick out of how everyone's trees reflected their personalities. Unlike the whole point of the piece, mine had no funky tree vibe whatsoever. It was neat and simple and exact. Others were daring, abstract, crazy, colorful, and bold just like the painter. I loved every tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment