Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day!

Happy Election Day!!!!

Michael and I headed to the polls early this morning.  I was so happy to see the long line of men and women waiting to vote.  I don't know why, but it makes me overly emotional to vote.  I just feel so patriotic and thankful that I have the right to vote!  This is one of the most important elections of our time, and I hope positive changes come out of this race.

No matter the outcome of this election, I hope in the next four years, we as Americans will learn to cross the aisle and love beyond our differences, use common sense, lean on God's authority, pursue fiscal conservatism,  and worry less about being so politically correct.  

I have been reading the books of Jeremiah and Ezekiel.  I am amazed at how the Bible aligns with the history of our world and major events that have taken place.  You can pinpoint historical events to the day that were prophesied hundreds of years before.  God warned the people of Israel, but they chose to live for themselves and ignore him.  I pray that we turn to God's authority and seek His direction, not what the world sees as popular.  We are foolish to live according to our own laws.  Though we are the greatest nation in the world, we aren't too powerful to fail.

I can't say who will make the better president for the next four years.  I am not a prophet.  I voted for who I trust will be the better candidate.  The best I can do is vote and trust that God will place the best person in power.  It is my job to submit to God's appointment, and trust Him as the ultimate leader.

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. " Romans 13:1

No comments:

Post a Comment