Friday, November 2, 2012

Time Flies

How is it November already?!!!   I am officially only 18 days away from turning the big 30.  Can someone tell me how this happened?  This big birthday could not have proven more inevitable than a few weeks ago when I purchased my first anti-wrinkle skin system from Clinique.  I'm trying to age gracefully folks, but when my sweet but honest husband confirms that a wrinkle cream may be the trick to stopping the hands of time around my eyeballs, I decided it was time to pull the trigger.  
Photobucket
I don't really know how I feel about turning 30.  I don't feel old except for the crow's feet, and I have no problem with saying I'm 30.  I just feel like there is so much more fun stuff I wanted to do before 30.  Although, looking back, Michael and I have had a lot of fun!  I get the impression that my 30's will be about grown up stuff and about making bigger life decisions.  I don't know if I'm ready to get serious!

I do hope my 30's will be a decade where I learn to embrace who I am, faults and all.  I hope I learn to better my relationships and deepen my bond with Michael.  I hope I am less anxious and more loving.  I hope I lean on Christ before making big decisions rather than acting selfishly out of immaturity.  I hope that my 30's will be a meaningful and impactful decade!

Speaking of meaningful relationships, I got to spend a great weekend in Tulsa with my best friend Holly who got married!  Holly was my maid of honor, and I feel so blessed to have been her matron of honor last weekend.  We got to celebrate her bachelorette party on Thursday by going out to eat then to what I would call a boot scootin' club.  I attempted to two-step one time, and I'm almost certain someone booed me under their breath from the crowd!  I happily declined a second dance, but I'll do anything once for Holly!


Photobucket

Holly and I have been friends for 17 years, and we have been best friends for most of those years.   I don't know how we grew up so fast!!!!  No matter how long we have gone without talking or how far away we live from one another, it's as if no time has passed.  She is a blessing in my life, and she made such a beautiful bride!  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment