Thursday, August 8, 2013

18 Weeks & Nursery Progress

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no 18 week picture to post.   I didn't get to see my coworker who graciously offers to take the weekly picture yesterday, and by the time I get home, I can't put on my big t-shirt and stretchy shorts fast enough...and who wants to see a picture of me in that?!

Week 17 and 18 have been great, considering I'm pregnant.  I don't really know if I will ever feel great during this time, but I feel a good 90%, and I will take it!  The nausea is gone, the food aversions are gone, and the hormonal crazies are pretty much extinct for now.  New developments are low back pain, a weird-me-out belly button that's slowly making its way from an innie to an outie, less sleep, and a big belly that I spill food on every time I eat!

Other exciting news is that we are making progress on our nursery.   I have been obsessed with finding the perfect color that is gender neutral and peaceful.  After taking home dozens of swatches and buying four paint samples, we finally picked a color.


White Willow by Behr

I truly love it, and I smile every time I look at it on the wall.  I was convinced I wanted a shade of mint, but I could not find a mint that didn't remind me of a boy's room or of the 1990's skating rink I used to hang out at in grade school.  

I also picked bedding!  And let me just say that I need to get into the crib bedding industry because the price of this stuff is crazy!!!  And I have been duped!  The bedding is so cute and perfect and you can't help but picture your perfect kid who doesn't cry and constantly smiles sleeping soundly in your overpriced bedding that's just so wonderful!  Then you get it home after spending a million bucks and realize, my kid is going to stain this expensive bumper in about 20 seconds!!!  Oh well...it's all part of the journey.  I was on the hunt for something neutral that did not have a theme, and once I found it, I knew it was it.


See there!  They get you with the perfect smiling baby!  I bought the bumper and crib skirt from this set and plan to use a plain white sheet and no blanket.  We are incorporating lambs (just a few) rather than bunnies.  

We are having the full anatomy ultrasound on Tuesday.  Though we aren't finding out the gender, I'm very excited for this appointment.  I think it will be neat to share with you the names we have decided on for a boy and girl next week.  Deciding on our names has been the easiest part of this journey, and we both agreed quickly on our two favorites, which was a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment