Wednesday, August 21, 2013

20 Weeks - Half Way!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: 10 inches long and about 10.5 ounces. The size of a banana!  I feel like I've grown as well over the last week :).
Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and stretchy or flowy dresses. I steal Michael's t-shirts now, and I desperately need a few casual maternity tops.  I have a few tops that fit,  but I'm running out quickly.
Gender: Not finding out!
Movement: Flutters and light movement, mostly at night
Sleep: Sleeping ok on my left side.  Lots of pillows have invaded the bed, and my shoulders hurt from sleeping on my sides.  
Symptoms: I'm feeling good these days
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach or back, the occasional adult beverage, sandwiches, and caffeinated coffee
Cravings: I love cheese, potatoes, fruit, and salt & vinegar chips, but I don't know if I manically crave anything.  I've enjoyed being able to cook again and eat the few things I couldn't during the first trimester.  I was on a Greek yogurt kick for the past few months, but I'm not feeling yogurt this week.
Best Moment this week: Having friends over and getting to show the nursery progress.  
What I am looking forward to: Spending Saturday morning at the spa enjoying a prenatal massage, mani and pedi thanks to my wonderful husband!  My mom is coming Labor Day weekend, and I'm excited to do go shopping with her!


At some moments, it seems that time has flown by, and I can't believe I'm halfway through this pregnancy, and at other times it feels like time stands still.  It may seem silly, but there is a sense of accomplishment for making it this far and enjoying the journey as much as I have.  Four weeks in, I was terrified that I could not physically, emotionally, or mentally handle being pregnant mostly due to the anxiety and panic attacks I've experienced for the past five years.  I would call my mom and cry because I felt so bad the first few weeks, and she told me that I would learn to be stronger and would make it.  She told me that something happens when you become a mom, and you can endure so much more than you ever thought possible and strength draws from some once unknown place getting you through the tough times.  For me, my strength has come from God, Michael, my mom and a few great friends who are willing to let me talk when I need to.

 I am so thankful for Michael.  I want him to know how this journey has wonderfully confirmed how perfect he is for me.  He is the foil to my madness, always calming me and helping me to see the other side of things.  He is so willing and eager to walk alongside me through every decision, every doctors appointment, every parenting book I pick out, and so many things in between.  I'm thankful we are a team, and he is so willing to be there for me and McBaby even after working a thousand hours a week.  I don't know what I have done to deserve him, and I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment