Monday, September 9, 2013

21 & 22 Weeks

I'm having to do a catch up post today, especially since I realized I'm 2 days away from 23 weeks.  Life has been so so so busy lately, and I am looking forward to slowing down for a few weeks before October comes and the schedule gets crazy again.  My mom came in for Labor Day weekend, and we got so much accomplished with shopping for McBaby and putting parts of the nursery together.  My mom can get more accomplished in 3 days than Michael and I can in a month.  I don't know how she does it, but I usually need a vacation after she leaves and has whipped me into shape!  In the midst of our chaos, she took my 21 week preggo pick for me.  Our other baby wanted to be in the picture too!



This past weekend, we travelled to Arkansas to watch the Samford Bulldogs play the Arkansas Razorbacks in Little Rock.  Michael got tickets for my family as well, so it was nice they got to go with us.  Thankfully we did not tailgate because it was 101 degrees when the game started, and I was miserable.  Once the sun set, it wasn't too bad, and the game was really fun to watch.  Samford held on for most of the game, even winning in the fourth quarter, but the Hogs came back and defeated us.  It was a fun night!  Here are some pics we took before the game, including my 22 week picture.  




Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 22 weeks
Size of baby: 11 inches long and about 1 pound. The size of a spaghetti squash! 
Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and stretchy or flowy dresses. I have added dress maternity tops and leggings to my wardrobe. 
Gender: Not finding out!
Movement: Flutters and light movement, mostly at night
Sleep: Hit or miss.  I'm dreaming a lot, and I wake up a few times a night with back pain or leg cramps 
Symptoms: I feel good the majority of the time, but I'm tired and starting to feel pregnant as my belly grows and makes life a little more uncomfortable
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach or back, the occasional adult beverage, sandwiches, and caffeinated coffee
Cravings: I've wanted ice cream a lot lately
Best Moment this week: Feeling stronger kicks  
What I am looking forward to: Registering with Michael on Saturday morning before spending the entire afternoon at home together on the couch and watching football!

No comments:

Post a Comment