Tuesday, September 17, 2013

23 Weeks

We survived registering!  I hope I'm not the only mom-to-be who found registering for our McBaby to be overwhelming and exhausting.  It didn't help that dad-to-be was tapping his feet the whole time hurrying me up because there was lots of football waiting for him at home.  But he insisted he should be part of the registering extravaganza!  We got a late start on Saturday and only made it to one store before it was time to head to the house.  We completed part two on Sunday, and by the weekend's end, we were pooped!

Registering for a baby is not like registering for a wedding.  Vases and linens do not compare to choosing between the endless rows of diapers, bottles, and pacifiers.  We don't even know if McBaby will like a single thing we registered for!  I'm being dramatic of course.  It was a fun experience overall, but I'm glad we are done.

After registering, this is what the rest of our afternoon looked like.  Two good games requires two TVs so that Michael doesn't miss anything.  He rarely has a Saturday off during football season, and this was all that he could ask for.


Here is my 23 week picture that we took right before heading out Saturday morning.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: 11 inches long and just over 1 pound. The size of a grapefruit! 
Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and stretchy or flowy dresses. I have added dress maternity tops and leggings to my wardrobe. 
Gender: Not finding out!
Movement: Lots more movement these days, and I love it!
Sleep: I've enjoyed great sleep this week in my pillow fort I have created.  Poor Scarlett and Michael don't stand a chance for the next few months.  
Symptoms: I have felt good this week.  Just a little tired, but I can't complain.  
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach or back, the occasional adult beverage, sandwiches, and caffeinated coffee
Cravings: Sweets
Best Moment this week: Feeling stronger kicks and registering with Michael.  I'm glad he wanted to come along and register together. 
What I am looking forward to: Having no plans on Saturday and enjoying the day all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment