Tuesday, October 8, 2013

26 Weeks


Week 26 has been hard on me.  Sleep has been very difficult to come by, and I am on day seven of a cold.  And to top off the end of Week 26, we are heading to the doctor in an hour to do the sugar test for gestational diabetes.   Yay!!!  I am slowly feeling better after nursing myself back to health with homemade organic soup loaded with garlic and onion (also perfect for scaring off vampires) and homemade organic vitamin c smoothies with kale, pineapples, and orange juice.  If I can't kick this cold all the way, I may resort to medicine, but I really don't want to.

Last night was our first childbirth class, and I still sounded horrible so Michael suggested that I stay home while he went.  It probably was not in the best interest of the other pregnant ladies for me to be spreading any germs.  So as he left last night for class, I cried so hard because I was missing it.  But I am so thankful that he still went by himself like it was no big deal.  He is going to be such a great daddy.  I texted him throughout the night to ask what they were talking about.  Here are his two responses:  "you need to start doing kegels" and "they asked what my wish was for our baby, and I said I hope he or she is taller than us."  Ha!  I love this man!!!



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 26 weeks
Size of baby: 14 inches long and 1 2/3 pounds. The size of a scallion.  
Maternity Clothes: Wearing these more and more.  Maternity jeans are the most comfortable invention ever!  
Gender: Not finding out!
Movement: McBaby is pretty chill for the most part.  Kicking in the morning or late at night is his/her favorite time to be active.
Sleep: Horrible this week.  Between back pain, sweating like crazy and fighting a cold, it was impossible to get a good night's sleep.  
Symptoms: Back and hip pain
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach 
Cravings: Still loving pickles
Best Moment this week: Seeing how much Michael loves me and McBaby
What I am looking forward to: Our baby showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment