Thursday, October 17, 2013

28 Weeks

I'm now in the third trimester!  Last week's post was about week 26 although I was just a day away from 27 weeks.  I've skipped week 27 to catch up and try to be more timely the rest of the way.  No promises though!  Yesterday, I was officially 28 weeks.

This past week has been full of highs and lows. I finally started feeling better, but I failed my glucose tolerance tests...both of them.  I've always had issues with sugar and can barely eat a donut without feeling sick, but I guess I assumed I would pass.    I barely failed the first test, but my sugar was crazy high during the three hour test.  I was very upset of course and thought the world was coming to an end, especially when my doctor described what having gestational diabetes could mean for the baby and for me.  Since then, I have met with a dietician and have learned to meter my blood sugar.  I have to prick my finger 4 times a day for two weeks, and if my blood sugar is under control, then I can simply prick twice a day.  My current diet is diabetes friendly, and my sugar has been good so far, so I really think everything is going to be fine as long as I don't eat a bunch of sugar.  Fortunately, I don't crave sugar too much, so I think McBaby and me will be good!

After being sick and having to deal with the tests last week, I was happy to get away.  We traveled to Arkansas for my mom's wedding.  She rented a house on the lake in Hot Springs, and it was beautiful.


I enjoyed this amazing view for three days.  Mom and Steve got married at the top of the hill with the lake in the background.  It was a perfect family wedding, and they are now celebrating their honeymoon at Disney World.



I am getting really excited about our showers that we have coming up in the next few weeks. I will love getting to see all of my friends I don't get to see too often, and it will be so fun seeing what McBaby gets.  My friend Lindsey and her husband Blake are hosting our first shower next week, and she sent me this picture last night of something she has bought McBaby.  She said it was supposed to be a surprise, but she couldn't wait.  How cute are these?!  She made my night!



I'm thinking we are being blessed with a Noah, and Michael is certain we are having an AnnMarie!



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 weeks
Size of baby: 15 inches long and 2 1/4 pounds. The size of an Eggplant.  
Maternity Clothes: Wearing these more and more.  Maternity jeans are the most comfortable invention ever! I'm still wearing some of my pre-pregnancy dresses and tunics. 
Gender: Not finding out!
Movement: McBaby has been very active lately.  I enjoy the movement so much, and it is fun to see my stomach moving now.  I can't wait to see a hand or footprint.
Sleep: Much better this week!  
Symptoms: Back and hip pain, and a sever case of pregnancy brain!
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach 
Cravings: Still loving pickles
Best Moment this week: Stronger kicks and getting more sleep
What I am looking forward to: Our baby showers!


1 comment:

  1. hey nice post meh, You are ne of the best writers I've seen of recent. I love your style of blogging here. this post reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Realistic Approach To Achieve Goals .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete