Thursday, October 24, 2013

29 Weeks

Things have been better in Pregnancy Land since my last blog post.  I have slept great this week, which is always a welcomed and pleasant surprise.  I am thankful for each good night of sleep I can get.  We are very close to finishing up the nursery, which is also very exciting.  It will be a few weeks before I will declare it complete, but I will post pics soon.  We only have one more week of baby class to go, and I am glad we enrolled in the class.  It has been fun and pretty helpful.  Last week, the dads participated in a relay race where they had to put on all the scrub gear and race to the baby at the other end of the room and back again.  I got a picture of Michael who was the last leg on the winning team.  He always enjoys a little competition!




Pregnancy Highlights:



How Far Along: 29 weeks
Size of baby: Just more than15 inches long and 2 1/2 pounds. The size of a Butternut Squash
Total Weight Gain: 9 pounds 
Maternity Clothes: Now that I'm in the third trimester, I am wearing maternity most of the time with the exception of my lounge clothes.  Some maternity tops have been too big in the arms and shoulders, so I bought a Medium in a few tops and they seem to work for now.
Gender: Not finding out!
Movement: McBaby moves more and more.  The other day on our walk, I got a swift kick in the ribs.  I am looking forward to seeing a hand or footprint.
Sleep: Much better this week!  
Symptoms: I'm adjusting to living with gestational diabetes.  My diet has been controlling my sugar very well.  I am metering four times a day, but after next week, I only have to meter twice a day.  
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, eating more carbs 
Cravings: Still loving pickles, and I am back on my cheese kick
Best Moment this week: Feeling more organized and checking things off our list
What I am looking forward to: Our first baby shower this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment