Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happy One Month Birthday Noah!


Dear Noah -
Happy One Month Birthday!  You have almost gained one pound and have gotten a little taller.  You are a small boy, but look at your parents...what should we expect?!  You and I have really bonded over the last month.  I'm not going to lie, you have your moments and your days, but you are a sweet boy most of the time.  I have noticed so many changes in you in just the past few days.  You are making new noises, and you talk to me more often.  You are fixing your gaze on me and your daddy and sister Scarlett, and you seem to be close to smiling at us.  You played on your baby gym for the first time this week, and you love looking at the mobile and shapes above your head.  You are a good nurser, and you love sleeping on my chest.  Most afternoons, we take a nap, and you sleep on my chest while Scarlett sleeps on my legs.  I won't miss the exhaustion I feel somedays, but I will miss our sweet naps together.  You still haven't warmed up to getting a bath or to being naked.  You prefer to be clothed and warm and cuddled.  If you had your way, I would hold you twenty four hours a day.   I am soaking in the cuddles because before long, you won't want to cuddle anymore and I'll be chasing you around the house.

Noah, your mommy and daddy love you so much.  I feel like we grow into a family more each day and are learning how to be parents and take care of you the best we can.  Your sister Scarlett seems to enjoy your company more, but she's still trying to figure you out. I am looking forward to seeing you two play together one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment