Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Noah is Three Weeks Old



Dear Noah,
We have had you for three weeks now!  A part of me feels like these 21 days have gone by so quickly, and another part of me feels like our days together have lasted a lifetime.  You have such a personality so far, and you make your daddy and I laugh with your funny facial expressions and your quick temper that comes out of nowhere.  You look like an angry old man sometimes!  When your anger fades, and you look up at me with those big blue eyes, I fall in love with you even more.

You love to take naps with your arms raised around your head, but we are glad you let us swaddle you at night because it allows you to sleep a little better.  Unfortunately, you didn't sleep too well last night, and I think you may be hitting a growth spurt.  You are feeding well, and you have surpassed your birth weight.  When we took you to the pediatrician last week, you weighed 7 pounds and 1 ounce.

Mommy is preparing to be alone with you all day for the first time on Friday, so we tried out our ktan carrier this week.  You are still a little small for it, but you seemed to like it.  Hopefully, I will be able to get some things done during the day.  If you had it your way, I would sit on the couch and hold you all day.  You love to cuddle!

You lived through the Snowmageddon of 2014 this week.  Birmingham experienced one of the most dangerous storms the city has seen in decades, and you got to see snow at 20 days old.  I would have loved to take you outside just for a second to snap a picture, but it was sooo cold!  We held you and let you look at the snow through the window.  Thousands of people were stranded over night, and I am so thankful that we were home together and stayed warm.  The best part about Snowmageddon is that it let us spend two more days with your daddy.  He isn't going back to work until Friday!  I know you and I are going to miss him during the week when he goes back to work.

First time in the Ktan 

Snow!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment