Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Simplify Your Life For Labor Day Weekend, I had some extra time off, so I drove to Arkansas to have a girls' weekend with my mom to see her new house. I know she was so excited for me to see her cute little country house, and she and my aunt have been working like crazy to get the place decorated perfectly. My mom has a place of her own, and I am so proud. It is a simple place, but a wonderful place that makes you feel like home the moment you walk inside. It is peaceful and comfortable. There's no fussiness about her home, just a perfect simple place filled with her and filled with love, and I didn't want to leave. My mom has worked very hard to stand on her own two feet, and I am very proud of her for making the decision to simplify her life and rid herself from the burden of debt and material things, and instead focus on herself, her relationships with her family and friends, and the newfound art of having fun! I had so much fun visiting her, and I can see the joy in her eyes now that she is loving the simple things in life. There is a lot to be said for how she lives! Here are some photos from this weekend!

Scarlett and her Gimme (Gimme is my mom's grandma name!)


A hummingbird outside of my mom's window


Her amazingly peaceful view of her backyard.


Her cozy den perfect for reading and hanging out! My aunt Paula made the awesome window treatments! Scarlett enjoying my mom's beautiful living room! She loved looking out the front door at the country view!





My mom found so many great items from flea markets, yard sales, and antique stores! She did an amazing job on a budget!

It's Never Too Late to Simplify Your Life... Every day our lives seem entangled. Work often dominates And swamps our lives. Balance is hard to find. Locate your real priorities. Untangle them. Keep only the essentials. Give away, or lose, the others. The simple things are the most valuable. I don't think my mom would mind me saying how hard this year has been for her, but because she fought for the simple things and located her real priorities, she is happier than she has ever been! I love you mom!

1 comment:

  1. I love you too Brandi, yes I am happier than I've ever been. It took me a long time to realize that happiness is not about the material things you have,the way you look, but the Love of life you have, the freedom to be who you really are, but most importantly you Brandi, my family, and my friends.
    If it weren't for you, my family, my friends, and Clay I would still be pretending that life was good. HaHa! no more pretending life is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete