Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

To Read a Good Book How was your weekend? I had a great weekend, but it flew by way too quickly! Friday, I had dinner with my friend Nicole, Saturday Michael and I invited our friends over to watch football all day, and Sunday I started reading a new book that I could barely put down. Though watching SEC football and stuffing my face with good food while hanging out with everyone was fun, the highlight of my weekend just may have been reading this great book! I joined a small group through our church this semester. It is a women's young professionals bible study, and we are reading Francine Rivers' collection called Lineage of Grace. As the collection states, these are stories of five women whom God chose - Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary. Each was faced with extraordinary and even scandalous challenges, but each took great personal risk to fulfill her calling. Each was destined to play a key role in the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World. The first story I read was about Tamar. She was treated like a slave, abused by two husbands who left her childless and widowed at 18. She even prostituted herself to fulfill what she believed was her destiny because she had faith and patience, and it is what she had to do to survive. I won't spoil the end...but the story is amazing, and I am so eager to read the next. All I could think about is how the little things in my life (which is amazingly blessed compared to hers) make me impatient and complain a lot, but this woman survived so much and she never complained! This is a great book for me because I sometimes feel that I have given up so many chances for God to use me. If you feel like your life lacks spiritual meaning, go and pick up this book, and you will change your mind. Then share the book with a friend. The best part for me is that I get to share this experience with 11 great women! It's Never Too Late to Read a Good Book It's one of life's great simple pleasures. Teake a journey. Relax. Learn. Go back in time. Or forward. Be inspired. Or challenged. Share.

No comments:

Post a Comment