Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Great Outdoors

This weekend while everyone was enjoying the great outdoors cooking out and chilling at the lake, we spent our holiday weekend working outdoors in the yard. As soon as spring arrived, our yard tranformed into a small jungle, and it has been a challenge to keep up! On Friday, we tackled the front yard by digging up the old beds and putting brand new mulch down. Michael also trimmed the trees. As you can see...our yard needed lots of work! The beds were old dirt, mulch, and weeds.





I feel like the pictures don't do our hard work justice, but the front yard looks so much better! I am so proud of us (If you don't mind me bragging).







I have been begging Michael to let me fix the back porch and deck and make it more inviting. He wants a man cave, and I want an outdoor room! Now that its 100 degrees outside, he finally gave in. This is what our screened in porch and deck looked like on Saturday. Pretty BLAH!!!





For less than $200, I spruced it up a bit. I bought this iron wall hanging for $5 and painted it terra cotta (it's white in the before picture and you can barely see it), I found an outdoor rug on sale, added some outdoor pillows, and four adirondack chairs.



I love how it turned out! It is simple, but colorful and clean. I finally have my little outdoor room!







I placed two of the chairs on the outer deck for a little decoration. I love our new chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment