Thursday, December 22, 2011

Celebrating Christmas

Christmas is just around the corner! I hope everyone has finished buying, planning, stressing, packing, and baking, but if you are like me and the girls I know, that is wishful thinking! This has been an amazing holiday season for us (much better than last year). We had a wonderful trip to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving to kick off the holidays, and I have loved every bit of Christmas so far.

Tonight, Michael and I are attending our church's Christmas Candlelight Service. Although it's 70 degrees in Birmingham, I think seeing everyone dressed up in holiday attire and listening to the Christmas performances will make it truly feel like Christmas. I can't wait to head to Arkansas to see my family and friends. Too much time goes by between trips home, and I feel blessed to spend a longer amount of time with my mom this year. We will celebrate with family tomorrow night and on Christmas Eve, and I will see my girlfriends on Monday night at dinner.

I officially kicked off the Christmas festivities last Saturday with a party for the girls I work with. We enjoyed wine and hors d'oeuvres at my place before heading to dinner. The dinner experience was a bit disappointing, but it was nice to spend the night with my girlfriends outside of the office. I had so much fun!

Photobucket

It's always a fun time with these girls.

Photobucket

Rachel, Jamie, Me, and Madeline at dinner.

Photobucket

I Love Madeline!

Photobucket

Lindsey is the funniest! Somehow she deformed her fork with a piece of bread. She was up to no good before dinner arrived.

Photobucket

I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment