Saturday, November 20, 2010

Answers

I've had a rough week! One of my toughest weeks in a while. I've learned that some people are just mean and unhappy and they say hateful things and attack you blindsided. I also learned that in times of trial, I find it very easy to let my emotions and anger get the best of me and I attack back, which results in making the situation worse. It is my nature to be passive and a people pleaser, but then when I have had enough, I let it all out-which I promise does me no good! I know a lot of you do that too, but unfortunately "letting it all out" in a no win and unfair situation does nothing in our favor. I learned a tough lesson this week, and though I had a few bad days, and I am still a bit angry, I am thankful for the growth I have already experienced from the situation. Several weeks ago, I began studying the One Year Bible provided by our church online. It is my quiet time everyday, and it gives me a few minutes of peace that I need just to get through the day sometimes. Today, I received so many answers to the situation that happened to me this week, and I am so grateful to God for His instruction, His love, and His mercy. I wanted to share a few passages from today's bible study that may help you if you are struggling with a situation as well. I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation. The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. The LORD has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad. LORD, save us! LORD, grant us success! (Proverbs 118:21-25) A ruler who oppresses the poor is like a driving rain that leaves no crops. Those who forsake instruction praise the wicked, but those who heed it resist them. Evildoers do not understand what is right, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully. (Proverbs 28:3-5) What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us. But he gives us more grace. “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:1-8) Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” (James 4:13-15) I thank God for the answers he gives! Now, it's just up to me to submit to what he is teaching me! Click on One Year Bible if you are interested in beginning a daily bible study or you want answers to life's little trials we all have. It's nice just to have some direction in this chaotic world!

No comments:

Post a Comment