Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Harvest!

Today was the most perfect fall day in Birmingham! The leaves are finally at their peak color, and the temperature outside was awesome. Scarlett and I took a long walk around 10 a.m., and I could have stayed outside all day because it was so nice...even in the sun. It was a pefect fall day for football as well. Tennessee pulled out a huge homecoming win against Ole Miss! Go VOLS!!! It was 66 degrees in Knoxville most of the game, and I wish we could have been there. Michael was actually in Tennessee today, and is now on his way home. He got stuck taking the cheerleaders to the Samford at UTC game this morning. Tough job, but someone has to do it right?! Since it finally felt like fall today, I thought I would take some pictures of our fall decorations around the apartment. I love decorating for the holidays, and as much as I enjoy putting up the Christmas tree, there is something about warm fall decorations that make me so happy! Our apartment is predominantly decorated in cool colors, so for the fall I like to make our home seem a little cozier!
Scarlett has no problem getting cozy on our couch snuggled up next to the new pillows I got for fall. I found them at Kohls for $20 a pair, which is a steal! I thought they coordinated with every color we had in our place because they have the brown with the blue and green. Michael hates throw pillows and would prefer a bare couch, but every girl has to have throw pillows. We compromise by not having tons of pillows on the bed!


I wove a fall garland from Celebrating Home through our chandalier, and we use the CH mixing bowls and stand for our apples and bananas every week. The bowls also make a perfect tray for Michael to throw in his wallet and ipod when he gets home.
I love the fall garland because it has so much green in it!
I added some fall touches to our homemade wine racks as well. I stuck some sparkly pumpkins and squash in a clear bell jar, and added leaves at the bottom of my decorative plate.
Our entryway was so bear, so I added my Celebrating Home trunks with some more sparkly pumpkins and a lantern filled with acorns and pumpkins. Scarlett posing by the decor adds a nice touch!
For an apartment, we have lots of counterspace. Why not decorate the counters too! I've got the sparkly pumpkins again, my favorite plate, and our Thanksgiving Beanpot that's filled with Scarlett's treats.
My favore Celebrating Home piece is my Tuscan Pitcher. It's perfect for fall, and it holds our cooking utensils. I love this picture because you can see Scarlett lounging on the couch in the background being a Princess as usual!
I love fall for so many reasons! I love the opportunity to bring out my sweaters and boots, the air always smells like campfires, the trees are so beautiful, football season is underway, and the holidays are just around the corner. Having the reminder of fall inside our house makes it that much better!


Happy Harvest Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment