Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! If you are like any of the moms I know, you deserve more than one day a year to celebrate all that you do and sacrifice as a mom. Whether you are a traditional mom, a step mom, mother-in-law, second mom, adopted mom, or fur baby mom, I hope you have had a wonderful day!

Me and my baby have spent the day chilling out at the house enjoying a very lazy Sunday. It has been great! My friend Nicole sent me a Dog Mom Mother's Day card this week. I love it, and I think it is so thoughtful and sweet! Neither of us have children, but we love our dogs and treat them like little humans. She and I always laugh about how we carry our dogs around on our hip just like a baby. I know, we are hopeless! I wanted to take a picture of my fur baby with the card, and here's what I got.



See, even dog mommies have to deal with pouting and attitudes! If I ever do become a traditional mom, I think Scarlett has given me a little taste of what it could be like raising a stubborn kid! Okay...you real moms out there, please don't judge me for that statement!:)



Mother's Day is really about celebrating my mom! My mom is my best friend. She is the one I speak to every day, sometimes two or three times a day. I love her and need her for every decision I make. She has taught me what it means to enjoy the simple things without being simple minded. She has taught me how to be happy when nothing seems to be going right. She sees the good in everyone and in everything, and she is not afraid to laugh. She is stronger than she gives herself credit for, and she has sacrificed for me to no end. She is a blessing beyond blessings, and I am proud to call her my mom!



Moms are amazing women, and though we don't thank them enough, they still love us like no one else can or will.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment