Friday, September 30, 2011

Frugal Friday!

Today has to be the most beautiful day in Birmingham in months!!! There is not a cloud in the sky, and it's only in the 70's! I can't think of a better way to celebrate a Friday than by taking Scarlett to the park this afternoon and going to the Ladies ReCreate Conference at our church tonight. I am so excited for this event, and the best part is that most of my LIFE Group is going too!



I thought I would make this Friday even better by sharing one of my favorite recipes. It's not really a recipe to be honest, but it makes a delicious quick meal on a budget!



All you need is:

1 Can black beans, drained

Taco sized flour tortillas

1 Can Rotel, drained

1 Pouch Mahatma Yellow Rice

Your favorite freshly grated cheese


Cook the rice according to package directions. When rice is cooked, add a few spoonfuls of Rotel. In a skillet, heat the black beans then add remaining rotel, cooked rice, and cheese. Fill the tortillas with the mixture. It's simple and magical!


If I'm feeling wild, I'll saute peppers and onions or squash and zucchini and add to the tacos, but most of the time I just stick to the basics!

No comments:

Post a Comment