Sunday, September 18, 2011

Why Oh Why Do Weekends Fly By?

It's Sunday evening, and another great weekend that has flown by once again is coming to an end. Boo! Our weekend started out with adventures in babysitting. Yep folks, Michael and I successfully made it through our first babysitting gig. We technically babysat for an hour, but it was our own little adventure with a very very cute little boy named Eli.

Photobucket

Eli is almost 6 months old, and I cannot believe how this little guy's life has already flown by. Jamie and Eric went out to eat while we hung out with him and took him on a walk. I love this picture of he and Michael. It's too bad that my camera didn't catch the sweet potatoes that Eli spit up on Michael just after I snapped this. 10 minutes in, and Michael was already gagging and changing into his second shirt!

Photobucket

Eli is so sweet! He was perfect the entire 60 minutes! Scarlett loved him too, and he had a lot of fun with her. She of course loved to get in his face, and he laughed every time she came close.
She snuck a kiss while I was taking their picture.

Photobucket

We got up early on Saturday and drove to Atlanta to spend the night. Michael had the weekend off, and we thought it would be fun to take a little roadtrip. First things first, we went to Ikea for some shopping. My mission was to get a new mirror for our dining room, but I came up empty handed. Instead, we left with a new colander and silverware. Very exciting, huh? We left Ikea, checked into our hotel in Midtown and walked to Tin Lizzy's Cantina, which is where the University of Tennessee Alumni meet to watch UT football games. I can't tell you how great it was to see all that orange in one place! We met some really nice UT fans who let us sit with them, and although we lost, we had an amazing time!

Photobucket

This morning, Michael took me to Atlantic Station so I could do some more shopping at H&M. I scored some really cute fall clothes for cheap, and even better, I used my Visa gift card I won last week at our company picnic. I only paid $3.16 for 5 tops!

We ended our little trip with brunch at The Silver Skillet. Michael and I have made it our mission to find dive restaurants that have been featured on the Food Network's Triple D. The Silver Skillet was delish!!! It's a tiny diner with some major soul food, and no one can go to this place expecting to stick with a diet!

After eating, we headed home to see our little baby in Birmingham, and we have been chilling out at home ever since. It's 12 hours until work tomorrow, and I just can't help but wonder why weekends have to fly by so dang quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment