Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Here Lately...

Here's what's been happening lately in the McGreevey household. Please try to contain yourselves from all of the excitement of our oh so fabulous lives! :)

On Friday, I found out one of my girlfriends was pregnant! I can't count the number of my friends who are moms or are soon-to-be-moms on both hands anymore. There are five wives in our mutual group of friends. J has a baby, and L, N, & K are all pregnant. And then there's me...the childless one! I won't lie...I threw a pity party for myself, not because I want a baby but because I don't want all my mommy friends to forget me. I'm over it now (and I know Michael is saying "Thank Goodness"). I'll just focus my attention on being the favorite aunt!

Saturday was a busy day. Michael and I scored some free breakfast grub from Chickfila and squeezed in a breakfast date before he headed to work. I attended my company picnic at the Birmingham Zoo for lunch (and ate again...whoops), and I scored a $100 gift card. I watched football all afternoon. GO VOLS!!! Friends came over for dinner, and we headed to bed.

On Sunday, I cried like a baby at church because of our September 11 commemoration. I cannot believe it's been ten years! I vividly remember getting ready for class that Tuesday morning in my Abercrombie model bordered dorm room. I watched the second plane crash on live television, and I thought I was watching a joke. That day, a young man on my college campus yelled "Praise Allah" in class and was beaten by a young female student. Class was cancelled.

On Monday, I signed into Yahoo, and the number one trending subject was Psalm 46. I was beyond happy to see a chapter in the Bible as the most popular search rather than Jennifer Anniston or Justin Bieber. President Obama read Psalm 46 during his September 11 prayer service, and millions of people were searching the passage on the web. You cannot tell me that God does not have a plan and out of every tragedy He has a divine purpose!

On Monday night, I went to my second LIFE Group Meeting. This group is full of women my age, and I am so excited to see what God has in store for me. Every week we enjoy dinner and ministry, and I am so glad the group meets on Monday because it is the perfect beginning to the week.

On Tuesday, I finished The Help. What an amazing book! I laughed and cried so many times, and I am dying to see the movie. I identified with Skeeter so much, and I want to meet her in real life. My only complaint is how the book ended. I wanted more!

Today, Michael and I decided that we have a very conservative ghost haunting our apartment! Every time we turn on the tv, the channel is turned to Fox News. Every day I come home to Fox News, and no we don't leave the house with Fox News turned on for Scarlett to watch! I don't know what's going on, but I guess a conservative ghost isn't too bad, just as long as he only sticks with changing the TV!

Well...we don't lead the most exciting lives, but that's what has been going on lately! I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment