Sunday, December 1, 2013

33 & 34 Weeks and Thanksgiving

I'm playing catch up today with posting my 33 and 34 week pictures.  I can't believe how close we are getting to our baby's arrival!  When I think about the possibility of AnnMarie or Noah arriving in 5 weeks or less, it makes me so nervous and excited...I hope we are ready!

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Thursday with just the two of us.  We were invited to a Thanksgiving feast at The Arvin's house, but unfortunately Michael was sick and we thought it was best to stay home and enjoy Thanksgiving quarantined.  I roasted a chicken, and we had green beans, mashed potatoes, and sweet potato casserole.  I bought a pecan pie from Whole Foods for dessert, which I ate sparingly.
I also treated myself to these babies.  3 truffles only have 8 carbs...a gestational diabetes dream!



Michael was feeling so bad on Wednesday, that he told me just to buy a frozen pizza for Thanksgiving.  I knew he was sick with that suggestion because Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday.  I tried to make our meal as close to Thanksgiving as I could.

I did not venture out for Black Thursday/Black Friday (they should change the name now that everything is open on Thanksgiving).  I have never had the desire to fight over toasters and TVs....maybe someday.  I did partake in some internet shopping for McBaby, and I bought one single Black Friday item.  I can't wait to get it in the mail!


Football rivalry weekend happens every Thanksgiving, and in Alabama, the Iron Bowl may be more of a holiday than Thanksgiving.  Yesterday's game was predicted to be the most important Iron Bowl in history, and it was a game that definitely lived up to all the hype!  #4 Auburn beat #1 Alabama with one second left in the game, knocking Alabama out of National Title contention.  I wonder if any pregnant Auburn or Bama fans went into labor last night after that ending? Ha!

Speaking of labor...I'm getting closer to the big day.  I'll be 35 weeks along this week, but here is McBaby at 33 & 34 weeks. I'm feeling better than I thought I would at this point, but I hear it gets rough around 36 weeks.  I'm hoping that life continues as it has the past two weeks!


33 Weeks!


34 Weeks!

How Far Along: 34 weeks
Size of baby: Just more than 18 inches long and almost 4 3/4 pounds. The size of a cantaloupe 
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity most of the time with the exception of my lounge clothes.  Luckily, I'm still able to wear most of my oversized sweaters and cardigans.
Gender: Not finding out!  
Movement: McBaby moves a lot these days...
Sleep: Better than I thought it would be so far! I'm averaging 8-10 hours a night, and I am taking advantage of sleep as much as I can. 
Symptoms: I'm experiencing more joint and groin pain and can tell some of my bones are separating.  I am waddling a little more lately.  
What I miss: I miss lots of things.  Sleeping on my stomach, eating without heartburn, eating dessert without worrying, wine and beer on occasion, sushi, and Jersey Mike's subs.  
Cravings: Pickles, cheese, and sugar lately
Best Moment this week: Finding a pediatrician and a MDO program for McBaby when he/she turns 5 months old.  
What I am looking forward to: Michael getting some time off in December and spending as many minutes with him as possible before the baby arrives and our lives our changed forever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment