Sunday, December 15, 2013

36 Weeks


How Far Along: 36 weeks
Size of baby: Just more than 18 1/2 inches long and almost 6 pounds. The size of a head of romaine lettuce 
Pregnancy Weight Gain: 15 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing maternity most of the time with the exception of my lounge clothes.  Luckily, I'm still able to wear most of my oversized sweaters and cardigans.  I wear the same pair of black dress pants to work every week, and it will be nice to retire them soon although I am more than thankful for them these days.
Gender: Not finding out!  
Movement: McBaby moves a lot these days and has discovered how fun it is to kick me in the ribs and take my breath away
Sleep: I can't complain.  I get up a lot to use the bathroom, but I sleep pretty well most nights.  
Symptoms: I certainly feel pregnant now.  I discovered my cankles the other day, and I have begun to waddle.  My hips hurt every time I have to get up after sitting for a while.  I'm experiencing more joint and groin pain and can tell some of my bones are separating. The most annoying symptom is severe pregnancy brain! It's all part of the journey I guess, and I remind myself it could be a lot worse.  I'm still walking every day and haven't slowed down yet.  
What I miss: The Christmas treats are killing me!  I can't escape the sugar, but I have to say no, which makes me mad sometimes.  I would give anything for a piece of chocolate ganache cake with a glass of red wine right now. 
Cravings: Sugar...because it's forbidden.  I've had cravings for donuts and pancakes lately.  
Best Moment this week: Having a great check up at the doctor.  I appreciate good news more and more as the birth gets closer.  We also enjoyed some fun Christmas events this week. We went to the Homewood Christmas Parade, Michael's athletics department Christmas party, and hosted our own Christmas shrimp boil for Michael's employees on Saturday
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our little one...I'm dying to know if we are having a boy or girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment